The Genealogy Guys
announce that there have been over 1,000,000 downloads of the
podcast since it began on 5 September 2005!
Thanks to all our
- The British Library has announced the launch of
the British Newspaper
Archive website. It initially hosts more than 4 million pages
from more than 200 British and Irish newspapers, primarily from the
18th and 19th centuries.
- RootsMagic has announced the
official release of RootsMagic Version 5, the latest version of its
- The Guild of One-Name Studies has
introduced flexible membership joining rates in six
- A new grassroots group called
Saving Ours, concerned with preserving our archived materials, has
launched a new website at SavingOurs.com.
- FamilySearch has added 18 million
new records from 12 countries to its site, including 21 new U.S.
- Ancestry.com has announced a newly
upgraded app at the iTunes store.
- Ancestry.com has announced the
release of Family Tree Maker software for the
The Guys review the following
new print resources:
- Applications for Enrollment
of Creek Newborn Act of 1905, Volume I, transcribed by Jeff
Bowen. (Clearfield Publishing,
- Seminole of Florida, Indian
Census 1930-1940 With Birth and Death Records 1930-1938,
transcribed by Jeff Bowen. (Clearfield Publishing,
- The Guide to FamilySearch
Online by James L. Tanner. (Bookmark Graphics, 2011.)
- English Genealogy
Research by Paul Milner, a new QuickSheet publication from
The listener email
- Richard is looking for clues to
locating his grandmother's cousin Robert George Jones.
- Vickie is researching her
great-great-grandfather, Francis Edward Johnson, a longtime brick
- Susan describes how she copies
PDF files between desktop, iPad, iPhone, and iPod
- Rich adds to the PDF discussion
and uses O'Reilly's free Bookworm services at bookworm.oreilly.com.
- Maria is researching her
great-great-grandfather after his arrival in Australia, circa
- Michael would like to contact
Judy to help chart her family tree. [Judy: Please email us
- Laura asks if there is a new
edition of Professional Genealogy being
- Patti is researching the
marriage of her great-aunt, who served with the Women's Army Corps,
in 1945 in Italy while still in service. She is seeking Italian
civil registration records.
- Brad is seeking a professional
researcher to help with work in Georgia and Tennessee. The Guys
suggested directories at the websites of the Association of Professional
Genealogists and the Board for Certification of
- Jason has questions about
notations on ships' passenger lists and about the College of Arms