The news includes:
- The Family
History Library's Saturday hours will change on April 13, 2013,
to 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- FamilySearch announces
the additions of new collections, including the addition of
indexing projects in process or completed.
- Findmypast.com has
released 2.5 million UK criminal records covering the period 1770
- Ancestry.com announces that,
for a limited time, users can buy Family Tree Maker 2012 and receive
Photo Explosion Album, a photo editing software package for
- An international genealogy conference in the UK, Exodus: Movement of the People- The
story of migration to, from, and within the British Isles - will be
held September 6-8, 2013, at the Hinckley Island Hotel in Hinckley,
Leistershire, UK. For more information, visit
George provides reviews of some excellent materials:
- How to Archive Family Keepsakes by Denise May
- The Heirloom Registry, by Houstory Publishing (See more
details at http://www.heirloomregistry.com.)
- A Week of Genealogy: Things to Know and Do Online and
Offline by Dr. Margaret M. McMahon, Ph.D.
- Out-of-Style by Betty Kreisel Shubert
Listener email includes:
- Stan provides an excellent website called
FileRight for Genealogy and Military Records, which includes
many great military and naturalization links, at
- Beverly wanted to know why she can't locate 1820 U.S. federal
census records for Montgomery County, NC.
- Tom asks about the future of DNA testing.
Drew talks about the resources he is using in two research
projects in which he is participating.