Jan 1, 2016
The Guys announce that Drew’s new book, Organize Your Genealogy, to be published by Family Tree Books, will be released on 1 July 2016. It is available for pre-order at Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
The news includes:
· RootsMagic has released an update to its RM7 software to facilitate migration of Family Tree Maker (FTM) data.
· MyHeritage offers its Family Tree Builder for PC and Mac with tree-syncing capabilities with their online tree.
· MyHeritage announces the addition of a huge and diverse free collection of over 150,000 digitized books relevant to family history.
· Findmypast has recently added new materials, including additions to the British Newspapers and a quarterly update to the Periodical Source Index (PERSI).
· FamilySearch, the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC), and the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society (AAHGS) have announced exciting milestones in the historic Freedmen’s Bureau Project (DiscoverFreedmen.org).
· Drew recaps recent additions and updates to FamilySearch.
· The National Institute on Genealogical Research has announced that the institute’s name was changed on 22 December 2015 to the Genealogical Institute on Federal Records (Gen-Fed) and its website is now located at http://www.gen-fed.org.
Listener email includes:
· Discussions continue about Ancestry.com’s retirement of its Family Tree Maker desktop genealogy software. Opinions are expressed about whether to change to another software program, remain with the existing program, or migrate to a cloud-based family tree facility.
The Guys discuss their upcoming genealogical research goals and projects for 2016. They also want to hear about yours!