The news includes:
- MyHeritage introduces Record Detective II, a new technology
that expands record matching capabilities to more than 2.2 billion
new record matches.
- TLC has announced the celebrities for the Spring season of
Who Do You Think You Are? which premieres on Sunday, 3
- Registration is now open for the Genealogical Institute on
Federal Records at http://www.gen-fed.org.
- Calico Pie Limited has released an upgrade to its Family
- Findmypast has added more indexed Irish records.
- FamilySearch announces that the transcriptions of the
Freedmen’s Bureau have reached the halfway point, but more
volunteers are needed.
- Drew recaps the new FamilySearch collections.
Listener email includes:
- Michael shares his file name system.
- Chad is seeking information about genealogy degree and
- Jenny asks for tips for using GEDmatch.
- Debi shares two online newspaper resources for Oregon:
- George shares an interesting story about a lock of hair for his
ancestor John Hart, a signer of the Declaration of
- Paul asks a question about copyright on translated/transcribed
original documents, and another question about how to correct a
long-standing piece of erroneous information.
The Guys discuss the GEDCOM format and what it does.
The Guys also discuss putting your ancestors into context in the