The news includes:
- MyHeritage announces a new feature, SuperSearch Alerts, that
repeats previous searches and seeks new results in new and updated
- Jay Verkler has been appointed as Interim CEO at
- APG has named Annette Burke Lyttle as the coordinator for the
2017 APG Professional Management Conference.
- A new website called Open Archives (https://www.openarch.nl/?lang=en)
provides access to records (information and scans) of civil
registry, church registry, military and personnel administrations
kept by Dutch archives.
- Findmypast has added U.S. Naturalization Petitions and U.S.
Passport Applications and Indexes to their site, as well as
additions to their English monumental inscriptions collection.
Listener email includes:
- Jean King shares information about her blog for the West
Hempstead [NY] Public Library at http://genealogy.whplibrary.org.
- Jenny wrote concerning Gus’ search for sources related to the
Settlers of Beekman Patent in New York and advises that
the books are available online at the NEHGS website at
- Carolyn asks about moving a GEDCOM-format file from Family Tree
Maker to RootsMagic.
- Ron is researching his Massachusetts ancestors Jeduthan Taber
and Mary Pope, and welcomes help from listeners.
- Arnon Herskowitz advised us that that the Journal of
Multidisciplinary Research, an international, peer-reviewed
academic journal, has just published a Special Issue on Genealogy
& Family History. “This is a huge step in the long journey
towards academization of genealogy, and I'm very proud to be part
of it as the SI Guest-Editor.” You can read the journal online at
(Volume 8, Number 1, via the left menu).
The Guys discuss their recent research trip to South Carolina,
in particular their visits to five (5) cemeteries and the different
goals for visiting each one. They visited the Hal Kohn Memorial
Library and its genealogical holdings in Newberry, South Carolina,
got together with family and friends, and visited the Carter and
Holmes Orchids greenhouses (and bought a couple orchids, too).
Visit the Aha! Seminars, Inc., website at http://ahaseminars.com for Our
Speaking Schedule and join us at conferences across the United