The news includes:
- A new genealogical service called genealogyDOTcoach has been
launched at https://genealogy.coach that makes
professional genealogists available for short, inexpensive
consultations to help you extend your research and get past brick
- MyHeritage announces their new DNA matching service, allowing
you to upload your DNA testing results and/or order testing kits.
Learn more at http://blog.myheritage.com/2016/09/dna-matching-now-live/.
- MyHeritage announces the publication of 33 million Finnish
church records online.
- RootsMagic answers questions concerning its planned sync with
Ancestry by the end of this year.
- WikiTree announces a Source-a-Thon on 1-3 October 2016. Learn
more at wikitree.com/Source-a-Thon.
- Findmypast launches an economical 12-month for $34.95 in the
- Findmypast launches a large variety of new collections and
additions to existing ones.
- ScotlandsPeople has announced that it will be offline from
23:59 (BST on Wednesday, 21 September 2016 until Monday 26
September as they work to install the new ScotlandsPeople
- Ancestry.co.uk has announced the launch on 7 September of a new
podcast series titled “It’s About Time” narrated by Sir Tony
- FamilySearch has launched it’s new Pressroom at http://media.familysearch.org.
- FamilySearch has made the records of the Guild of One-Name
Studies available at its site.
- Drew summarizes the recent releases from FamilySearch.
- The Florida Genealogy Society of Tampa will host its annual
Fall Seminar on Saturday, 1 October 2016, with guest speaker Judy
G. Russell. An Ask-a-Genealogist program will take place on 30
September 2016 at the Florida History and Genealogy Library in the
downtown main library. Details are available at http://fgstampa.org.
Listener email includes:
Drew talks about his ongoing organization project.
Drew gives a shout-out for Martha Ibanez Zervoudakis, secretary
of The Cuban Genealogy Club of Miami, Florida, for her recent
program at the Florida Genealogical Society of Tampa titled
“Introduction to Cuban/Spanish Research.
George talks about a new blog he has started called “As George
Remembers It” at http://georgegmorgan.blogspot.com.
Please help The Guys spread the word about our two podcasts:
Visit the Aha! Seminars, Inc., website at http://ahaseminars.com for Our
Speaking Schedule and join us at conferences across the United