The news includes:
- The Genealogy Guys Podcast can now be found and heard on
iHeartRadio at http://www.iheart.com.
- MyHeritage is more than halfway to its goal of digitizing every
cemetery in Israel.
- 23andMe has introduced an Ancestry Standalone product for US
customers for $99.
- The 2017 International Germanic Genealogy ‘Connections’
Conference has been extended to three days – 28-30 July 2017, in
- The New England Historic Genealogy Society (NEHGS) will honor
journalist and author Cokie Roberts on 27 October 2016 at its Fall
Family History Benefit Dinner in Boston, Massachusetts.
- American Ancestors and NEHGS will present DNA Day on 22 October
2016 at DCU Center in Worcestor, Massachusetts. Details and
registration are available at http://www.americanancestors.org.
- The Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy presents
its Annual Forensic Genealogy Institute on 7-9 March 2017 in San
Antonio, Texas. Registration opens 15 October 2016 at http://www.forensicgenealogists.org/institute/.
- George shares highlights of Findmypast’s recent record
- The Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) honored
several of its members at its annual Professional Management
Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- APG announces that Kerry Scott has been named editor of their
- RootsTech 2017 will be held on 8-11 February 2017 in Salt Lake
City, Utah. Registration is available at http://rootstech.org.
- RootsTech has announced the Third Annual RootsTech Innovator
Showdown. Details are available at http://rootstech.devpost.com/.
- FamilySearch and Twile have announced the launch of a new
feature that allows users to generate a family history timeline and
share it with others. Users must register at Twile at https://twile.com/ for free. A premium
version is available.
- Drew shares highlights of FamilySearch’s recent new record
Listener email includes:
- Jeff asks for suggestions for how to sort out his grandfather’s
birth father and other information.
- Connie asks about the source of a quote, and asks for
suggestions for setting up a site for her extremely large family to
keep in touch and share information.
- Ryan asks for suggestions about how to determine how two men in
his family research were related.
Please help The Guys spread the word about our two podcasts:
Visit the Aha! Seminars, Inc., website at http://ahaseminars.com for Our
Speaking Schedule and join us at conferences across the United