The news includes:
- MyHeritage launches MyHeritage DNA, their new global integrated
- MyHeritage has also released a major update to its mobile
- The German-American Genealogical Partnership has changed its
name to the International German Genealogy Partnership.
- Findmypast celebrates the first anniversary of the release of
the 1939 Register. It also published more than 2M British Military
Records; US Marriages; and New Zealand Wars, and military
- Drew shares new releases by FamilySearch.
Listener email includes:
- Jan provides a corrected birth year for George Dwells whom
Kenyatta Berry discussed on Genealogy Connection.
- Jim suggests to Pat that the Children’s Aid Society in New York
may be able to provide documents about her Orphan Train
- James provided some insight into the question of
name-purchasing in British families.
- Valerie shares information on her Smith family research in New
Jersey and asks about other databases to search.
- Patti shared an important link for research, Old Disease Names
Frequently found on Death Certificates at http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ar/county/greene/olddiseases1.htm.
- Matt poses a fascinating DNA question about trying to determine
if two families were related.
- Brandon is trying to solve a mystery about his
great-great-grandfather, Bernard Frank James Dietz.
George and Drew talk about their genealogy blogs.
Please help The Guys spread the word about our two podcasts:
Visit the Aha! Seminars, Inc., website at http://ahaseminars.com for Our
Speaking Schedule and join us at conferences across the United