Apr 12, 2017
The news includes:
- Linkpendium (http://www.linkpendium.com)
announces that their site of more than 10M genealogy links is now
- The British Newspaper Archive announces they now have over 18.7
million pages from 747 titles from England, Wales, Scotland, and
Ireland, and now covers every county in England.
- AncestryDNA launched its new Genetic Communities feature that
visually displays your ethnic background using both your DNA
results and your family tree information uploaded to
- Family Tree DNA recently revised its myOrigins feature to
enhance the ethnic makeup display.
- Findmypast announces the launch of their Six Counties in Six
Months project which aims to publish the parish records of six
English counties in the coming months. The first county just
published is Wiltshire.
- Drew shares new and updated collections at FamilySearch.
George shares insights into marriage licenses, marriage returns,
marriage bonds, and marriage banns and why it is important to
differentiate between them when recording dates.
Listener email includes:
- Christine shares information about her research and notes that
an enumerator didn’t name a minor child. She also is interested in
the origin of the Burg surname. She also saw a surname Jzenburgh
with which she was unfamiliar.
- Christine also shared a recommendation of a book,
Doughboys, the Great War, and the Remaking of
- Chris thanks The Guys for reading an email, and reports that
there is a breakthrough in the Moody line by using neighboring
- Margie wrote to thank us for reading her email and for Terry’s
suggestion to watch the Legacy Family Tree webinar.
- TC responds to Doug’s email about “what’s the point” and shares
details about self-publishing family history books for their
children and grandchildren.
- Michelle wrote about Christine’s Moody surname research and
suggested some resources. They include:
Aha! Seminars, Inc., can deliver webinars by George and/or Drew
to your genealogical society for a very affordable price.
Learn more at http://www.ahaseminars.com/cpage.php?pt=10
Please help The Guys spread the word about our two podcasts:
- Support us at Patreon.com at ( https://www.patreon.com/genealogyguys
- Tell your friends and genealogy society members about us.
- Leave a review at iTunes.
- Leave comments at iHeartRadio.
Visit the Aha! Seminars, Inc., website at http://ahaseminars.com for Our
Speaking Schedule and join us at conferences across the United
States and at sea!