May 13, 2017
The news includes:
- Daniel Horowitz of MyHeritage.com has been making a speaking
tour of the North American East Coast. Check the dates for the
- Registration is open for the 2017 Federation of Genealogical
Societies Conference (August 30-September 1) in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania, at www.fgsconference.org. FGS
announces two impressive DNA workshops presented by leaders in the
- Living DNA (www.livingdna.com/en-us) has
launched an exciting new DNA research project to map the genetic
history of Germany. Working in collaboration with Germany’s largest
genealogy society, CompGen, Living DNA is seeking individuals with
four locally born grandparents, to take part in the project.
- Findmypast has released more than 782K records for the county
of Kent. They have also added 6.7M records to their United States
- Drew shares updates from FamilySearch’s recent records
George reviews five books, including a family history and great
books for summer reading:
- Loftus, Thomas Joseph. A Loftus-Marshall Family
History. Great Falls, VA: Self-published. 2010.
- Hendrickson, Nancy. Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook:
A How-To Manual for Tracing Your Family Tree on the #1
Genealogy Website. Cincinnati, OH: Family Tree Books.
- McMahon, Margaret M., Ph.D. Researching Your U.S. WWI Army
Ancestors. CreateSpace [Amazon]. 2016.
- Dando-Collins, Stephen. The Big Break: The Greatest
American WWII POW Escape Story Never Told . New York, NY: St.
Martin’s Press. 2017.
- Whitehead, Colson. The Underground Railroad. New York,
NY: Doubleday Books. 2016.