Jul 4, 2018
The news includes:
- MyHeritage has launched a new filtering system for DNA matches,
making it easy to view subsets that match the criteria you
- MyHeritage has opened a European distribution center for DNA
kits to meet the high demand in the region, and it will expedite
both delivery of kits to users and will aggregate and accelerate
shipments to the processing lab in the U.S.
- MyHeritage has expanded its pro bono DNA Quest to
include an additional 5,000 kits to help reunite separated migrant
children in the U.S. with their parents.
- The New England Historic Genealogical Society announced the
release of its new database, Mayflower Families Fifth
Generation Descendants, 1700-1880, at their
- Findmypast has released new Canada Obituaries, and Wiltshire
Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials collections.
- Drew shares highlights of new and expanded FamilySearch
Listener email includes:
- Bill tells Drew that his book Organize Your Genealogy
has shot down all his excuses for not making great progress.
- Lawrence asks for suggestions about tracing his 2X
great-grandfather, John William Jeffery, who is a brick wall. The
Guys provide a number of suggestions.
- George has a new article in the July/August issued of Your
Genealogy Today Magazine titled “Circular Genealogy” that
might also give Lawrence and other researchers some help with brick
- Kathy applauds Drew’s response in Episode #344 to Mike’s email
about Resistance Genealogy.
- Kathy sent a slave bill of sale and estate inventory that a
friend found and asks about where the documents might be
The Guys discuss the launch of their new Genealogy Guys
Blog at http://blog.genealogyguys.com/.
They talk about the reasons for publishing the blog and the kinds
of information that are being included there. George highlights
some topics recently posted, and The Guys talk about how their own
research strategies will be published as examples of methods.
Drew then discusses how to access and subscribe to the
Genealogy Guys Blog and others using Feedly. Feedly
(https://feedly.com/) is a news
aggregator application for various web browsers and mobile devices
running iOS and Android, also available as a cloud-based service.
It allows you to subscribe to blogs and then to easily access and
The Guys remind everyone that The Villages Genealogical Society
is hosting a genealogy cruise in the Caribbean from February
2nd to 9th, and there are details at https://vgsfl.org/cpage.php?pt=167.
The Guys will be speakers along with Blaine Bettinger and Ann
Staley. It promises to be a great time combining a winter getaway
and genealogy on the beautiful Norwegian Cruise Line Epic.
Join us for a fabulous getaway!