Jul 16, 2018
The Genealogy Guys Blog at http://blog.genealogyguys.com
has published many new articles since the last podcast.
The news includes:
- The Society of Genealogists in London (http://www.sog.org.uk) has accorded to
Cyndi Ingle the prestigious Prince Michael Of Kent Award for
services to genealogy for many years of dedication with Cyndi’s
- Blaine Bettinger has announced that DNA Central
(www.DNA-Central.com), the world’s first and largest membership
website dedicated entirely to DNA and genetic genealogy education,
has issued a request for webinar proposals for its 2018-2019
- Findmypast has released new Berkshire registers and records,
Scotland Jacobite Histories, and 109K additions to the Greater
London Burial Index.
- Drew shares highlights of new and expanded FamilySearch
Listener email includes:
- In response to the topic of the slave bill of sale discussed in
Episode #346, we obtained permission to post the document images.
We received several listener and reader comments almost
- Laura asks for advice about how to enter data on transgender
family members since their gender and name changes.
- Nick discussed the Family Historian program and
- Linda is a longtime genealogist and is feeling overwhelmed with
many new areas and features of genealogy. Drew provides some
methods for becoming savvier over time and setting goals for
- Steve writes about locating World War II Draft Cards for the
younger men’s draft at FamilySearch.
- Debra Dudek has written a book, World War I Genealogy
Research Guide, and is sending a copy for The Guys to review.
Stay tuned for this and other reviews!
The Guys discuss the importance of setting research goals to
avoid getting distracted by the BSOs (Bright Shiny Objects) or
going down the genealogy rabbit hole. There are some great ideas
for you, and Drew has posted about Goals at The Genealogy Guys Blog
Let us hear your best ways to set goals and focus your