Apr 8, 2019
The Genealogy Guys and Vivid-Pix announce that nominations are
being accepted for the next round of the Unsung Heroes
Awards. Nominations are due by May 15, 2019, and winners
will be announced on June 1, 2019.
The Genealogy Guys announce that Cyndi Ingle,
founder of Cyndi’s List,
will join the podcast for a regular feature called "Cyndi
News You Can Use and Share
- Findmypast has added Poor Law and BMD records for Kent.
- Drew recaps free FamilySearch record additions.
George reviews the following books:
- Writing a Memoir - from Stuck to Finished! by Karen
- Published: The Proven Path from Blank Page to Published
Author by Chandler Bolt
- Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, Families: Baldy,
Kerstetter, and Long by Gregory Edwin Price
- From the Emerald Isle to the Cream City: A History of the
Irish in Milwaukee
The DNA Segment with Blaine T. Bettinger
This week’s discussion between Blaine and Drew focuses on DNA
testing on ancestral artifacts such as envelopes, stamps, and hair
samples, and also covers testing the recently deceased.
Our Listeners Talk to Us
- John shares his spreadsheet for comparing families in the early
US federal censuses (1790-1840).
- Lili let us know that she was successful in getting her lineage
society application submitted and approved. Congratulations,
- Neal is trying to obtain a War of 1812 Discharge Certificate
for his ancestor from the National Archives and Records
- Daniel’s ancestors and family members changed surnames, and he
is asking for some reasons why they might have done so.
- Ryan is looking for resources about his ancestor who moved from
Philadelphia to Nebraska and then back again to help him understand
the reasons, the migration route, and more.