Jul 25, 2021
New subscriptions to the Genealogy Guys Learn video and written
lessons are on sale through July 31st. Save 25% off your
first year’s subscription. Visit
for details and the special coupon code.
News You Can Use and Share
- MyHeritage has released 10.7 million records for the
Austria-Hungary Roman Catholic Indexes. 1612-1966, and Austria,
Vienna Catholic Church Records Index, 1585-1918.
- MyHeritage has upgraded their Theory of Family Relativity
facility for DNA matches to allow you to confirm or reject a
- American Ancestors has introduced a new database for the only
surviving copy of the 1810 U.S. Federal Census for Salem,
- ScotlandsPeople has announced a delay of the release of the
images of the 1921 Scottish Census until the latter half of 2022.
Thanks to the Society of Genealogists for providing us with that
- Findmypast has published new or expanded collections: Ireland,
Court of Chancery Bill Books (1627-1884); Ireland, Court of
Exchequer Bill Books (1627-1884); Ireland, Petty Sessions Court
Registers; Scotland, Dumfries and Galloway Census & Population
Lists (1792-1821); Manitoba Vital Records; U.S. Census of
Revolutionary War Pensioners (1840); U.S., Lord Dunmore’s Ethiopian
Regiment, 1776; additional England Roman Catholic Parish Registers;
Pembrokeshire Parish Registers; Scotland, Modern and Civil Deaths
& Burials (1855-2021); Australia, Inward, Outward & Coastal
Passenger Lists (1826-1972); and Canada, Black Nova Scotians
- FamilySearch has announced dates and details about RootsTech
- Drew recaps the vast new and expanded collections at
DNA Segment with Diahan Southard
Drew discusses with Diahan the new Ancestry DNA feature that
allows you to identify how you are related to your matches, if you
- Alan wrote to discuss questions about reducing his library’s
- Kristina shared details about how she solved a brick wall using
Geni.com, newspapers, and DNA.
- Pam wrote about the dilemmas faced when trying to sort through
donations to her local historical society. Drew and George discuss
the need for library and archive policies to guide both libraries
and donors. Drew shares insights from the GENEALIB mailing list.
Note that the following link will work only for GENEALIB
Thank you to all our Patreon supporting members for their
support. Your Patreon support helps us improve our technology and
provide even more podcast content to you! You can join us
for as little as $1 a month or as much as you’d like to contribute.
to get started.
Please also tell your friends and your society about our free
podcasts, our free blog, and our
Genealogy Guys Learn
subscription education website.
Let us hear from you at email@example.com.
George and Drew are available for virtual presentations
for your local society. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.