Nov 3, 2021
The Guys announce the winner of drawing for the “Brick Wall
Strategies” quicksheet as Dana from Salem, Oregon. Look for the
next drawing later in the program.
News You Can Use and Share!
- RootsMagic 8 has been released.
- MyHeritage has updated its Theory of Family
RelativityTM facility and massively increased the number
of theories being produced.
- MyHeritage has added 462 million exclusive new French
- Nathan Dylan Goodwin’s latest forensic genealogical mystery
book, The Foundlings, has just been released.
- Findmypast has added new U. S. marriage records and has
released new marriage and banns records for Essex, England,
- Findmypast has announced that the 1921 Census of England and
Wales will be released on 6 January 2022.
- Drew recaps the vast new and expanded collections at
DNA Segment with Diahan Southard
Drew discusses MyHeritage's Theory of Family Relativity with
- Steve writes about locating his biological grandfather through
- Stuart shares the usefulness of records in the “British Royal
Navy Allotment Declarations 1795-1852” collection at
- Carol and Ed both wrote to express how much they enjoyed the
interview with Bruce Buzbee of RootsMagic on the Genealogy
Connection podcast (episode #080).
- Ed wrote about our discussion concerning pedigree
- Jean wrote to provide listeners with additional online
resources for New York marriages.
- Tom asks about how valid are low cM levels in DNA matches and
asks what level of grandparents should he be searching for.
- Cathy writes about Civil War records for homes for disabled
- Natalie asks how she can get involved with indexing at
FamilySearch for a specific area of Wisconsin and specific church
- David wants advice about locating records of a
great-great-grandfather who died at sea while emigrating from
Ireland to the U. S. in the 1850s-1860s.
The Guys will give away a quicksheet reference guide for “Basics
of Birth Certificates”. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by
midnight Eastern Time on 15 November 2021. Put BIRTH in the subject
line and your name and postal address in the body. The winner will
be announced on the next podcast.
Thank you to all our Patreon supporting members for their
support. Your Patreon support helps us improve our technology and
provide even more podcast content to you! You can join us
for as little as $1 a month or as much as you’d like to contribute.
to get started.
Please also tell your friends and your society about our free
podcasts, our free blog, and our
Genealogy Guys Learn
subscription education website.
Let us hear from you at email@example.com.