Sep 14, 2022
News You Can Use and Share!
- MyHeritage has added 74 collections with 130 million new
historical records. Read our blog to learn more.
- Unlock the Past has announced that the Family History Down
Under 2022 Conference will be held 8-11 November 2022 at Castle
Hill, near Sydney, Australia. You can attend in person or
virtually. Full details and registration can be found at https://www.fhdu22.com/.
- Findmypast has implemented Tree Search at its site “with
instant connections and new discoveries waiting to help your family
- Findmypast has added Derbyshire Baptisms, Durham Marriages, and
Northamptonshire Burials Baptisms.
- FamilySearch was presented with the Historic Preservation Award
by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Drew highlights new and updated collections added at
FamilySearch in July and August.
- Angela had written asking for suggestions for locating railroad
employment records in the U.S. for his Italian great-grandfather.
Expert Paula Stuart-Warren provides a wealth of resource
- Karl asks about using DNA testing to identify the parents of
Nathanial Oak, born circa 1645 in England or Wales. Drew provides
suggestions regarding Y-DNA testing and joining a DNA surname group
at Family Tree DNA.
- Kristina writes to celebrate her success in finding a wealth of
criminal records for her great-grandfather at the Indiana State
The Guys are giving away a copy of their Brick Wall Research
Strategies quicksheet, based on their book, Advanced
Genealogy Research Techniques (McGraw-Hill, 2013). Send an
email to email@example.com by
midnight EDT on 30 September 2002. Write BRICK WALL in the subject
line, and include your name and postal address in the body of the
email. This offer is only valid for U.S. residents.
Please Support Our Sponsors
You can support our sponsors who bring these podcasts to you for
free by visiting their links as follows:
Thank you to all our Patreon supporting members
for their support. Your Patreon support helps us improve our
technology and provide even more podcast content to you!
You can join us for as little as $1 a month or as much as
you’d like to contribute. Visit https://www.patreon.com/genealogyguys
to get started.
Please also tell your friends and your society about our free
podcasts, our free blog, and our
Genealogy Guys Learn
subscription education website.
Please let us hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.