Jul 11, 2015
The news includes:
· MyHeritage has launched a new technology called Global Name Translation to power its Family History Discoveries. The technology automatically translates names found in historical records and family trees from one language into another, with high accuracy, generating all the plausible translations.
· Evidentia has released its new software version 2.4, with revised citation templates based on Evidence Explained, 3rd edition.
· FamilySearch International has appointed Steve Rockwood as President and CEO effective 1 October 2015 to replace Dennis Brimhall, who will retire.
· The National Library of Ireland has just released the digitized images of Irish parish registers at http://registers.nli.ie/.
· Heredis has announced the new version Heredis 2015 for Windows and Mac.
· Findmypast has announced the availability of the Findmypast Library Edition as a subscription offering for libraries and other organizations in the United States.
· Drew discusses FamilySearch's recent release of more than 15.6 million indexed records and images for its website.
The Guys discuss upcoming appearances and the Florida Genealogical Society (Tampa)'s annual Fall Seminar with special guest Cyndi Ingle.
The Guys share George's recent interview with noted genealogy speaker and writer Lisa Alzo.
Listener email includes:
· Bill has questions about DNA testing and methods of retrieving the data.
· Daniel discusses problems with uploading a GEDCOM file to FamilySearch.
· Steve recounts his recent successes with his great-grandfather, based on a suggestion from The Guys and recent additions of new data collections at Ancestry.com.