Sep 6, 2017
The news includes:
- MyHeritage announces its newest DNA feature: the DNA Match
- RootsMagic announces a new software updates. Apps for iOS and
Android have also been released.
- RootsMagic reminds users that there are a video and written
resources to help you master the new TreeShare for Ancestry. There
also is a huge Facebook RootsMagic group to share experiences and
- The British Newspaper Archive announces a major milestone with
the addition of a newspaper title from County Leitrim in Ireland,
marking the fact that all 32 Irish counties are now represented in
the online collection.
- Findmypast has added Oxfordshire marriage bonds, New Zealand
birth, marriage, and death index records additions, the 1851 Canada
Census, and additions to the Wiltshire Baptisms Index, and
- WikiTree is opening registration for the second annual
Source-a-Thon from 30 September to 2 October 2017 with a large set
of random prizes to be awarded.
- FamilySearch extended its microfilm distribution to 7 September
- Drew shares updates from FamilySearch’s recent records
Listener email includes:
- Jenny asks about copyright law governing the use of images from
online sites in a new blog she has begun.
- Margaret wrote to volunteer some materials that she as a
librarian has developed to teach genealogy classes to patrons.
- Neil wrote again about his research of his Clark
The Guys discuss George’s recent presentation, “Laying Out Clues
in Funeral Home Records.”